YK:n kehitysohjelma UNDP hakee harjoittelijaa Helsinkiin11.4.2014
YK:n kehitysohjelma UNDP:n Pohjoismaiden toimisto hakee harjoittelijaa Helsinkiin. Harjoittelu alkaa toukokuussa 2014 ja jatkuu elokuuhun 2014.
Hakuaika päättyi perjantaina 2.5.2014.
UNDP Nordic Representation Office seeks an intern for Finland
The UNDP Nordic Representation Office in Helsinki is looking for an
intern to assist with the communication and web-related tasks from 12 May 2014 onwards (3 months).
What is the UNDP Nordic Representation Office?
The UNDP Nordic Representation Office is located in Copenhagen, with satellite offices in Sweden, Norway and Finland. Together we work for distributing knowledge about UNDP’s work in the Nordic countries as well as coordinate the partnership with these key donors.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an intern to participate in the daily work of the office in Helsinki. Because we are a small office with a wide work area, we would like to find someone who is structured, independent, creative, and a self-starter. We also hope you have writing experience and the required skills for managing web-publishing systems (such as CQ5, Wordpress etc.).
- Proficiency in English and Finnish. Fluency in Swedish is seen as an asset.
- Computer literacy in standard software applications.
- Knowledge of journalism, web-management and social media (CQ5, Wordpress etc.).
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and of UNDP in particular.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, including willingness to understand and be tolerant of different opinions and views.
Eligible candidates must be enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (Master’s degree or higher) at the time of application and during the internship. Candidates who graduate before the initiation of the internship are not eligible.
The intern will assist in the following tasks:
- Ensure that the UNDP website for Finland, www.undp.fi is regularly updated with timely and relevant information. This includes translating and adapting news stories and other content for Finnish audiences.
- Assist in liaising with different stakeholders (government officials, civil society and non-governmental actors, academics, and private sector).
- Assist in planning and organizing events, meetings, visits, and other high-profile events promoted by UNDP (like conferences, seminars, report launches and missions to Finland by senior UNDP officials).
- Develop the office’s social media channels (such as Facebook and Twitter) and cooperation with media.
- Help monitor coverage on global development issues in the Finnish media.
- Respond to requests about UNDP and the partnership with Finland.
- Diverse administrative tasks.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com by no later than 2 May 2014. Write “Internship application Finland” to the title field.
Please state at least the following information in your application: 1) your motivation to apply this position; 2) your availability with regards to the timing of the internship; 3) any relevant work experience.
For more information, please contact Michael Toft at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +45 2427 3940.
UNDP does not pay for internships. The costs associated with the latter must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation etc.