UNDP Nordic Representation Office in Copenhagen seeks AN INTERN FROM FINLAND.
The UNDP Nordic Representation Office is looking for an intern to assist with the communication and web-related tasks for 6 months from January 2020 or according to contract.
What is the UNDP Nordic Representation Office?
The UNDP Nordic Representation Office is located in Copenhagen, with satellite offices in Stockholm, Oslo and Helsinki. Together we work for distributing knowledge about UNDP’s work in the Nordic countries as well as coordinate the partnership with these key donors.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an intern to participate in the daily work of the office in Copenhagen, with the possibility of the internship taking place in our Helsinki office. The final location of the internship will be discussed with the selected candidate. Because we are a small office with a wide range of responsibilities, we would like to find someone who is structured, independent, creative, and a self-starter. We also hope you have writing experience and the required skills for managing web-publishing systems (such as CQ5, Wordpress etc.).
- Knowledge of journalism, web-management and social media.
- Proficiency in English and Finnish. Fluency in Swedish is seen as an asset.
- Computer literacy in standard software application. Knowledge of design tools is seen as an asset.
- Demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and of UNDP in particular.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, including willingness to understand and be tolerant of different opinions and views.
The intern will undertake the following tasks:
• Assist in liaising with different stakeholders (government officials, civil society and nongovernmental actors, academic, and private sector).
• Assist in planning and organizing events, meetings, visits, and other high-profile events promoted by UNDP (like conferences, seminars, report launches and missions by senior UNDP officials).
• Develop and update the office’s social media channels (such as Facebook and Twitter) and cooperation with media.
• Ensure that the UNDP website for Finland, www.fi.undp.org is regularly updated with timely and relevant information. This includes translating and adapting news stories and other content for Finnish audiences.
• Assist with marketing UNDP’s materials to Finnish schools.
• Help monitor coverage on global development issues in the Finnish media.
• Respond to requests about UNDP and the partnership with Finland.
• Diverse administrative tasks.
Please send your CV with a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 22 October 2019. Write “Internship application Finland” to the title field.
Please state at least the following information in your application:
1) Your motivation to apply for this position;
2) Your availability with regards to the timing of the internship;
3) Any relevant work experience.
For more information, please contact Matleena Siipola at email@example.com or by calling +358 401518806.
UNDP does not pay for internships, however it is possible to apply for Erasmus+ grant for the duration of the internship.
The costs associated with the latter must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation etc